Melting for Non-Ferrous
Covai Air Products’ range of oxy-fuel technologies allows non-ferrous melting operations to use less fuel, achieve higher production rates, and reduce flue gas and particulate carryover. By completely or partially replacing combustion air with oxygen, the nitrogen in the air can be reduced or eliminated from the process, keeping it from carrying valuable heat up the stack and making more heat available to melt your non-ferrous materials.
Many different types of furnaces are used in non-ferrous melting operations, including tower furnaces, rockers, induction, rotaries, and reverbs. Each of these furnaces requires a different approach to oxy-fuel burner design to meet its design consideration and heat input needs.
Leveraging Experience and Innovative Technology to Optimize a Wide Range of Melting Operations
By customizing an oxy-fuel solution for your specific operation, we can match the heat input, flame shape and length, and heat release profile to the needs of the furnace to which it is being applied and help you reach the operational goals of that furnace. Production rate increases of 25-40% are common, with increased fuel efficiency and reduced flue gas volumes of 50% or more. This allows for much less downstream handling and lower flue gas temperatures.
Covai Air Products can supply the custom-designed burners as well as the flow controls, data acquisition, and smart analytics to optimize and track furnace performance. For production increases, very short paybacks of less than 6 months are often achieved.
The Transient Heating Oxy-fuel Burner Featuring Process Intelligence
- Learn how Covai Air Products’ Transient Heating burner can help increase your overall heat transfer efficiency, achieve more uniform heating throughout your furnace, eliminate cold zones, and maximize melt rates to improve your bottom line.
Helping Aluminum Producers Optimize Production and Economics
The importance of close collaboration with aluminum producers to help them optimize their operation through our expertise, gases, and technologies.
- The relationship generates 25% more product for regenerative reverberatory furnace
- High yields achieved for forward-thinking secondary aluminum producer
- Hotter and cleaner process for aluminum RSI producer
- Increasing yield and production in a successful secondary aluminum plant
- Maximizing precious metal productivity
- Continuous cast copper rod manufacturer increases the amount of scrap use
- The secondary aluminum processor sees company-wide improvement after a thorough review
Industrial Gas Audits and Leak Detection Services
Cap Provides Audits and leak detection services can be comprehensive assessments of the entire gas supply system, or specific to gas or process equipment that uses the gas.
Oxygen can improve combustion through increased heat transfer, higher flame
Valued for its reactive and protective properties, and used by many industries such as electronics, foods, glass, chemicals, refining, and more can benefit from its unique properties to improve quality, optimize performance and reduce costs.
Get in touch with our technical experts.
Let us help you determine how to maximize the benefits of the Melting For Non-Ferrous.