Gas atmospheres for brazing can vary depending upon your base materials, process, part quality, and cost considerations. Commonly used industrial gas atmospheres for brazing include nitrogen, hydrogen, nitrogen/hydrogen mixtures, nitrogen/methanol mixtures, argon, and argon/hydrogen mixtures. Air Products applications engineers can help you select the right brazing atmosphere tailored to your process requirements for reducing potential, wettability, and soot prevention, as well as maintaining excellent and repeatable braze quality.
Industrial Gases from a Global Leader
- Global leading manufacturer of nitrogen, oxygen, and argon
- World-leading producer and supplier of hydrogen and helium
- Reliable supply of industrial gases
- Excellent record of meeting on-time needs
- The industry leader in safety
- Technical support when you need it
- World-class customer service
Heating Treating Solutions
Covai Air Products offers a wide range of technologies, gases, equipment, and cutting edge solutions for the heat treating industry.
Brazing Expertise and Solutions
Tailor atmosphere composition
Product surfaces remain clean without sacrifice to product quality and strength. Wettability can be controlled
Mechanical Strength and Surface Quality
Consistent control of filler metal flow improves brazed joint strength and surface quality
Stringent atmosphere control
Dew point-to-hydrogen ratio variability allows for the brazing of high-carbon steels, stainless steels, and nonferrous metals
Optimize braze wettability
Furnace dew point and hydrogen content flexibility allows atmosphere reducing potential to be controlled
Clean brazing surfaces
We can help you choose the right atmosphere composition.
- Select and provide blending and flow control equipment
- Perform on-site atmosphere analyses for consistent dimensional control, carbon control, and physical and metallurgical properties
- Optimize your furnace process to lower operating costs
- Perform state-of-the-art metallographic and chemical analyses (SEM, ESCA, SAM, ISS, SIMS)
- Provide safety training
- Test atmospheres using your parts in our lab furnaces
- Demonstrate our system at your facility
Industrial Gas Audits
Audits and leak detection services can be comprehensive assessments of the entire gas supply system, or specific to gas or process equipment that use the gas.
Covai Air Products gases, typically provided in gaseous and liquid form, enable customers in a wide range of industries to improve their environmental performance, product quality, and productivity.
Valued for its reactive and protective properties, and used by many industries such as electronics, foods, glass, chemicals, refining and more can benefit from its unique properties to improve quality, optimize performance and reduce costs.
Useful as a gas, for its inert properties, and as a liquid for cooling and freezing. Virtually any industry can benefit from its unique properties to improve yields, optimize performance and make operations safer.